This page will look much better in a browser that supports current web standards,
though its content is accessible to any browser or internet device.
to visit Mozilla.org, provider of the free & secure Firefox web browser.
The Covenant College radio station will fulfill the collegeís mission statement by serving and engaging a worldwide audience through Christ-centered, student-led programming working in affiliation with the greater Covenant College community.
The Covenant College online radio station will seek to serve the college as well as the broader church by:
- Because mainstream media shapes culture, Christians should seek to saturate and transform it. A radio station at Covenant College will give students experience in broadcasting and will be a starting point for young Christians interested in media.
- Students will be able to declare and explore the implications of the gospel in a form available to both believers and unbelievers.
- The station will be a forum in which the concern of the larger body of Christians can be aired and discussed.
- Student families, alumni, the PCA, community members and other affiliates of the college will be able to stay informed and connected with the life of Covenant College.
Diversifying Education at Covenant College
- The station will provide an outlet for studentsí individual creativity and a medium for academic and spiritual discussion.
- Students interested in fields like English, media, communications, marketing, accounting, web design, technology, and audio/visual can gain hands-on experience and training.
Bolstering Institutional Growth
- The station will allow prospective students to experience Covenant directly. This will help the college attract and retain a more diverse and informed student body.
- Patrons of the college will be able to better understand how the college can engage culture while maintaining a Christ-centered worldview.
Enriching Student life
- Programming will provide entertainment and cultural exposure, such as music, sports events, and relevant speakers, in addition to news and announcements.
- An online station provides greater exposure than a physical broadcast station for the same amount of money invested.
- We have ability to get started quickly with the potential for unlimited flexibility as the station grows.
- It allows us to incorporate a variety of media and to connect with Covenantís other websites.
- An online station will appeal to a next-generation audience that has grown up in a world of constantly changing technology.
- It will reach a large scale audience with worldwide accessibility, eliminating the boundaries of geography and time.
"Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
- 1 Corinthians 15:58
Copyright WKLT. All Rights Reserved.